Clarity is an online platform that helps schools determine the impact of their technologies on student learning. http://www.brightbytes.net
In the past Keystone AEA offered technology assessments for districts, we now offer Clarity for all districts as a comprehensive tool for collecting data on many aspects of technology use by students, teachers and parents. We are now in our second year of Clarity data collection with the ability to view data over time.
- Quickly and easily gathers data about technology use in your schools
- Analyzes that data in a research-based framework
- Delivers customized plans to each school that improve outcomes
- Helps you implement those plans and measure the result
Projected Timeline for Implementation
Early November 2016 through late January 2017-- Data collection period for admin, teachers, students and parents.
Data Dialogue meetings-- Thursday, February 23, 2017 (Elkader location). 9:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Workshop Registration Number: 52183.
Benefits for Principals
Additional Clarity Videos
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Clarity? Clarity is an online software platform that saves you time and money by measuring whether technology programs are impacting student learning, and then delivering easy-to-use, customized technology plans to you. Clarity's proprietary CASE framework outlines the the essentials factors that schools need to improve learning through the use of technology.
2. Who can use Clarity? All schools in Iowa have access to Clarity.
3. How does it work? First, the platform gathers student and teacher response data. Second, it converts this data into dashboards with visual displays that pinpoint next steps. Third, it creates a customized technology report for each school that details solutions to challenges, including implementation plans.
4. How is the data analyzed? Bright Bytes provides a customized CASE Technology Report for each school.The report focuses on 4 key areas - Classroom, Access, Skills, and Environment or CASE. Schools receive a score in each of these areas.
5. How can you use your score? Schools can use their scores to measure progress over time. School scores can also determine solutions and implementation plans.
6. How else is this helpful to me? Schools can: 1) use their data and reports to meet federal, state and grant reporting requirements; 2) pull information directly from their data and CASE reports for technology plans; 3) identify professional development needs; and 4) make the case for additional resources in the technology area.
7. How much does it cost? Clarity subscriptions for our schools have been purchased by Iowa's AEAs.
Getting Started with Clarity
Be sure to visit the Clarity with Keystone website for more information, guidance, how-to videos and more!
Data review days or "Dashboard Dialogues" for school teams to meet, study their data and create an implementation plan will be scheduled and facilitated by both BrightBytes and Keystone AEA. Additional information will be forthcoming.
For additional information contact:
Director of Instructional Services