Allamakee County Services
Key Numbers: (for additional information see below)
- Central Point of Coordination (CPC): 563-568-6227
- Targeted Case Management (TCM): 563-568-6227
- Department of Human Services (DHS): 800-611-7781
- Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS): 563-382-9634
Transitioning Child to Adult Services
- Legal Settlement-determines which county will coordinate & pay for adult services.
- Guardianship-see your personal attorney; should be completed before child turns 18.
Social Security (317 Washington St. Decorah 383-2924)
- Apply 3-6 months before child turns 18.
- Will need current & past diagnostic information. This may not be in school files.
- Eligibility for many adult programs dependent on having Social Security Disability determined.
- Need to have a MR, DD, or CMI diagnosis to access most services.
- Allamakee County CPC
Allamakee County Case Management (Kim Waters)
110 Allamakee St.
Waukon, IA 52172
- MR Waiver-can apply while still a child; will insure a "slot" in the adult system. See the DHS Income Maintenance worker to apply (563-382-2928).
- Residential--ranges from own home or apartment to residential care facility.
- Full Circle Services (Alice Murray)
- Howard Residential Care Facility (Jim Ott)
Larger RCF facility.
- Makee Manor (Jan Ellingson)
- Mosaic (Rich Wicks)
MR waiver homes in Waukon
- Opportunity Homes (Shanna Hale)
Supported Community Living (SCL) services in Howard and Winneshiek counties
- TASC (Mary Ament)
Supported Community Living (SCL) services in Waukon
- Wellington Place
Larger RCF & NF; SCL apartments and in own homes
- CHOICE Employment Services
- Employment for Everyone (Bev Fredrick)
- Goodwill Industries (Teresa Klobassa)
563-382-0457, Ext. 109
- Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services
305 Montgomery Ave.
Decorah, IA 52101
- The Spectrum Network (Toni Smith)
Workshop and Work Services in Decorah & Cresco
- TASC (Mary Ament)
Workshop & supported employment in Decorah & Cresco